Many times, users may find that the sent email has not been delivered in the inbox, as it might have been sent to Gmail Spam Folder. Gmail has the feature that when an email is sent to spam, the Gmail automatically starts sending the mails from that specific sender to spam. No matter what kind of mail it is, Gmail helps in clearing the inbox from unwanted emails and phishing scams.
Gmail Spam Folder is designed in such a way that the messages in it do not get stored for a longer time as they get deleted automatically in 30 days. This eliminates the requirement of handling the folder manually. But sometimes, opening a spam folder becomes essential, maybe to clear the storage occupied by spam emails needs to be removed or to find out any mail. The Gmail Spam Folder Location is not very easy to find. Spam folder in Gmail has been kept separate from the other inboxes to avoid chaos. As when a user receives a number of unsolicited emails regularly, it usually consumes lots of time to check the critical emails, and sometimes they can even be missed.
So, to avoid the confusion of locating Gmail Spam Folder on different devices, the following guide has been provided;
- First, open Gmail through the internet browser on your desktop.
- There is a sidebar in the left, where there are many folders, including the “Inbox.” Scroll down to see the “more” option and click on it.
- Click on the “spam” folder. It has “an exclamation point icon.”
- All the emails which were marked as spam will appear in this folder. You also have the option of clearing this folder by clicking on the button “Delete forever,” which is on the top left corner when all messages are selected.
- There is also the option of bringing a particular email to the general inbox by clicking on “Not spam,” which is on the top of the page. Gmail will catch it and will not mark such emails as spam in the future.
On Mobile Application
- Open the Gmail application on your smartphone.
- There are three bars present on the upper right corner of the screen, from where the main menu gets opened.
- Scroll down till you see the “Spam” option.
- To delete all the spam messages, click on the “Empty Spam Now” option, which is present at the top of the page. If you want to delete a single message, just tap on it and old it with your finger, and then tap on the three dots which are on the top right. Tap on the “Delete Forever “option.
- Bringing back any email from the spam folder to the general inbox is simple too; just open an email and then tap on the option of “Report not spam,” which is in the Gray box. In the situation when this box does not appear, tap on the three dots which are on the top right corner and then select the option of “Not spam’.